- Well done to our fantastic S1 pupils and 20 + staff who contributed so enthusiastically to a highly successful S1 residential last weekend in Lockerbie.
- Thanks to everyone who participated in and, in so many ways, supported pupil involvement in our School’s Spring Fling concert and the series of city wide Resonate events. Apologies to anyone who was not able to attend some or all of our Spring Fling. We will be looking to using a larger venue from 2019.
- Best wishes to pupils in S4, 5 and 6 who will be continuing to work on exam revision during the holiday. As previously advised, staff are offering a programme of revision classes during the holiday. http://jamesgillespies.co.uk/letters/ These are free to all students.
- Here is a short video of the workshop by the SCO who visited us at the end of January to work with some S3 Music pupils and S2 percussionists.https://youtu.be/kLU3jbBQuSQ The pupils did brilliantly and it was a great experience overall.
- Thanks to members of our Parent Council and Pupil Voice for supporting our continuing campaign to get wifi access on the school campus for pupils in S4, 5 and 6 to access revision materials during exam leave.
- Lovely to see the pupils from Collège Pierre Matraja (near Marseilles) integrating so well into Edinburgh life this week. Huge thanks to the families who are hosting our visitors and to Mr Ponte for overseeing the arrangements.
- We enjoyed our visit by pupils and staff from Saijo high school in Japan yesterday afternoon. It was uplifting to hear the pupils talking so enthusiastically to each other about the importance of recycling and managing resources in a sustainable way.
- All are on holiday from 340 Pm today until 830 Am on the morning of Tuesday 17 April.
I take this opportunity of wishing all a wonderful Easter holiday.
Donald j Macdonald